Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade got married on Saturday in Miami at the Chateau Artisan castle in front of family and friends.
Guests at the black-and-white themed wedding were treated to a 1930s juke joint event. The bride wore a custom Dennis Basso gown from Kleinfeld Bridal while the groom wore customized Dsquared2, his personally designed Wedding Collection bowtie from The Tie Bar. Female guests were asked to wear white while the male guest were given a bow tie from DWade’s bow tie collection.
See the pictures of some guests below:
Gossip Extra had a play-by-play of the night’s events:
– The chairs for the well-wishers are set up near the house on the main island. They are described as “ghost chairs,” transparent so as not to detract from the castle in the background
– Each chair will have a set of opera glasses for more comfortable watching since the ceremony will be relatively far from the guests
– The ceremony will be officiated by actress Essence Atkins, Union’s bestest BFF
– Guests will be provided with flip-flops and shoe covers to navigate the grass
Dinner is in a giant tent with a large chandelier in the middle:
– Four 72-inch TVs throughout the tent
– There are 18 tables of 10 to 12 people, 200 napkins with the lovebirds’ initials on them
– The chairs are custom-made and covered with black crocodile skin
– The special chairs for bride and groom look like thrones
– There’ll be a candles ceremony during dinner. The guests will be given a candle to light and will wish the newlyweds well. A choir will emerge and gather a group of guests in front of the house and walk down the driveway then pick up the group emerging from the dining tent.
The night before the wedding: